[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] VTK bug hackathon

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Jun 21 09:13:07 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:15:50 -0600, David Gobbi wrote:
> I have a strong preference to keep the bugs in Mantis until after the
> hackathon.  Let's clear as many bugs as possible out of the old system
> before switching over to the new.

To be clear, the issues are being ported, so any issues we close will
still have a presence in GitLab (they'll just be closed right after
they're opened).

> One thing that mantis has on gitlab is speed.  I don't know whether it's my
> laptop of the fact that I'm on the other side of the continent, but gitlab
> is painfully slow, while mantis (though ugly) is snappy.

Yeah, GitLab does have speed issues :( . I don't know where its
performance bottlenecks lie, but I think a lot of it comes from
rendering files with syntax highlighting and diffs which issues don't
have nearly as much of.

Could you try playing around on the CMake issue page to see how its
performance feels?

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues

--Ben