[vtk-developers] rules proposal drop "+1" ie, looks ok to me but someone else needs to review as well

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Jul 15 10:31:20 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com> wrote:
> Another (probably additive) way to do this would be to have --oneshot be
> the default so that new builds are not queued automatically on push (I
> asked the list about this policy change a while ago and got ~no
> response).

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the --oneshot argument. I must have
missed that discussion. I'd be ok with using that as the default, and
either way I'll try to start using it on my patches to cut down on
unneeded builds. Often times I don't bother to do more targeted tests
because I tend to push first, then go to gitlab to monitor results --
and by that time, the full test suite has already started.

+1 to the idea of a default --oneshot. I think it'd definitely
encourage more targeted testing and help reduce buildslave contention.

On a related note, would it be possible to add a link to the kwrobot
command documentation from the gitlab MR discussion page, or maybe
just embed a "kwrobot help" link in the "Do: check" reply? I know that
I'm pretty bad at remembering all of the options kwrobot supports and
having a link to the docs shoved in my face when I go to request
testing would be an effective reminder.

Dave