[vtk-developers] Orientation marker widget SetViewport call

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Tue Jul 5 17:00:06 EDT 2016

Hello devs,

The orientation marker widget has a SetViewport call that confines the
widget to the supplied viewport coordinates in the render window. This
works fine as long as the renderer (that the widget is added to) occupies
the whole render window.
The widget treats the supplied viewport coordinates as absolute and does
not scale them according to the viewport of the
vtkInteractorObserver::CurrentRenderer().

While this is a special case, all other widget representations are scaled
with respect to the viewport of the current renderer. I have a merge
request (https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1607) that
addresses this issue. Since, this alters the class behavior, I'd see if
anyone has issues/comments/objections to making the change.

​Thanks!

Sankhesh