[vtk-developers] VTK's google summer of code 2016 application

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Jan 26 10:21:35 EST 2016

Hey Folks,

Google summer of code project applications are coming up soon (Feb 8 to 19).

If you have a VTK related project in mind that you would like a student to
work on, and especially if you would like to mentor said student over the
summer and train them in the way of the source please add your project to
the ideas list page at:

 * http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2016

I've seeded the ideas list with the leftovers from last year.

@Paul and @Takuya - if you are not available to mentor this time around
please let me know (or remove the project from the list).

If VTK is accepted again, students applicants will riff off of our ideas to
make up their own project proposals. We'll pick the best of those and then
over the summer the student and mentor(s) will work hard to bring the idea
to life.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer