[vtk-developers] Easy way of using VTK in virtualenv

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 09:51:25 EST 2016

Hi VTKers    I was trying VTK in python and couldn't work make it work with virtualenv easily, so I've added it to 'vext'.
Once VTK is installed in the system python, you can do use it in a virtualenv by installing vext.vtk there:
$ pip install vext.vtk
It's not super tested, but the hello world example works for me (TM).

Eventually I'm hoping that VTK and the other things* I've added to vext will "just work" with pip and virtualenv and so vext can go away (it is a bit of a hack).

https://github.com/stuaxo/vext
 S++