[vtk-developers] Remote Module Documentation

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:15:55 EST 2016

The remote facility is very simple. Provide a foo.remote.cmake file
and in your module create a module.cmake  to specify your vtk
dependencies. The docs assume you want to make a conventional vtk
module,. But, your module can do anything it wants.

For example in ITK, there are the Sphinx and ITK Wiki Examples. These
both have non-standard directory structures.

I am currently working on a remote module for the vtk wiki examples.
These will be buildable as a remote module or stand-alone. It is not
that difficult.

Stay tuned...

Bill