[vtk-developers] Getting LUT with nuances

Romain CENDRE romain.cendre at optopartner.com
Tue Dec 20 05:30:58 EST 2016

Hi again,
Yesterday I learn that you have defined LUT in VTK ( thanks for this tutorial : http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Utilities/LUTUtilities)
In my simple test app, I give the choice of the lut in a Combobox.
I would like to apply these lut next to my mapper, so I proceed like this:

///Previous operations made
m_lut->SetNumberOfTableValues(width*height);
m_mapper->SetScalarRange(minZ, maxZ);
m_lut->Build();

//When i set a new LUT
m_colorSeries->SetColorScheme(choiceLutIndex);
m_colorSeries->BuildLookupTable(m_lut);
m_lut->IndexedLookupOff();
m_mapper->SetLookupTable(m_lut);
m_scalarBar->SetLookupTable(m_lut);

When I do this operation I will get a new LUT, but compare to my previous LUT with 1280 colors I get a LUT of 6 colors.

I don't know if exist a way to interpolate a value and not taking the nearest index?

Best regards
Romain