[vtk-developers] Initializing Python VTK object from existing VTK object

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Aug 18 12:17:15 EDT 2016

One can create a Python object from an existing VTK object if the
address of the VTK object is known, e.g.,

address = "0xbeefbeef"
sphereSource = vtk.vtkSphereSource(address)

My question is about the address string. Can the address string keep
the prefix "0x" or must it be removed? I've looked around the Python
wrapping code, but haven't concluded one way or the other. Some code
in ParaView unintentionally uses the full address with "0x" and seems
to work, so I'm guessing either is fine.

Thanks,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen