[vtk-developers] 3D texture mapping VTK7 with OpenGL2

Haichao Miao miao at cg.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 9 04:27:52 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am using VTK7 with OpenGL2, is there a way for me to do 3D texture
mapping?

Basically, I have two vtkImageData, a data image and a mask image. From
the mask I extracted polydata using marching cubes. Now I want to use
the data image as texture and map it on the polydata. Unfortunately, I
saw that the vtkTexture is not supporting 3D texture.

It is necessary, that I use texture mapping, as I need the texture
coordinates for later computations.

Would there be a elegant way to do this? Alternatively, I could switch
to an older version.

Cheers,
Hai