[vtk-developers] Problem with rendering 3D objects with OpenGL ES 2.0

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Apr 25 10:24:54 EDT 2016

I do not believe the front wall is transparent. Looking at the images it
appears that everything is being rendered but the zbuffering is off or
backwards. I'm not sure what you had to change to do the port but that
would be my guess, some change related to creating the window, maybe it is
missing a depth buffer or it is setup oddly.

Ken

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Signum <artur.jaskiewicz2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am porting VTK to Google Native Client (Pnacl) which fully
> supports
> OpenGL ES 2.0.
> I think most of the work I need for my application is done (e.g.
> vtkImageReslice works fine), but now I have a problem with rendering simple
> Sphere or Cube or anything in 3D. The problem is that front walls renders
> transparent.
> On included image, cube on the left is what it should look like, and cube
> on
> the right is problematic rendering on OpenGL ES 2.0 (Native Client).
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5737865/L5un3.png>
>
> To better visualise this problem, I've recorded video:  VTK rendering
> artifacts video <http://sendvid.com/mjoa1upo>
>
> Does anybody have any idea what goes wrong here?
>
> PS. I also asked this question on stackoverflow:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36790966/vtk-rendering-artifacts-with-opengl-es-2-0
> <
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36790966/vtk-rendering-artifacts-with-opengl-es-2-0

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.