[vtk-developers] FW: VTK7.0.0.0 under Ebarcadero XE2

Шишкин А.А. a_shishkin at diatech.ru
Wed Apr 13 04:20:56 EDT 2016

ello! Can you help me?

1) In our work we successfully use VTK 5.8.0.0 with Embarcadero XE2. We
created our own class, based on your class vtkCylinderSource. In our class
we redefined procedure for RequestData event - our procedure generates our
own points and cells. Now we need to cross two cylinders vtkCylinderSource
and keep our points and cells - how can we do it? What class do you have for
it? Using your vtkImplicitBoolean is impossible, because it doesn't keep our
points and cells.

2)I can't install newest version of VTK7.0.0.0 under Ebarcadero XE2. During
installation I have some errors, related to data type "Long Long". In spite
of errors, installation ends successfully. But when compiled Make.exe with
XE2 shell, it shows errors in compiled  VTK7.0.0.0 modules (in files
*.h,*.Cxx). Maybe new version of  VTK7.0.0.0 is not compatible with
Ebarcadero XE2? Or maybe you can send me instruction for installation?

 Thank you for help!

Faithfully yours, Andrey.