[vtk-developers] Bug with pcoords[2] in vtkQuad::EvaluatePosition()

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Thu May 28 03:40:25 EDT 2015

Here is the results of my enquiries on different cell types for
evaluatePosition:
vtkEmptyCell : pcoords not set at all, nor any output parameters.
vtkVertex : pcoords[2] is not set
vtkPolyVertex : pcoords[1] and pcoords[2] are not set
vtkPolygon : pcoords[2] is not set
vtkQuad : pcoords[2] is not set

All other vtkCell implementation does set all pcoords, dist2 and
closestPoints

Do we set it to 0 ? do you know why vtkTriangle compute it this way when
this is a 2D cell? (vtkTriangle.cxx:142)

Mathieu Westphal