[vtk-developers] Bug with pcoords[2] in vtkQuad::EvaluatePosition()

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed May 27 12:10:31 EDT 2015

Ah! I confirm that this is a bug. Any code that generically works on 2D and
3D cells will trip over this in mixed 2D-3D cells situations as well as if
the outer code does not initialize pcoords to 0 initially. So any cell type
that uses a 2D parametric coordinate system should initialize the 3rd value
to 0. Please submit a fix for quad and I'll review/approve it. If you have
some cycles, I recommend checking the other 2D cells too...