[vtk-developers] XCode upgrade breaks VTK build process(Suspected reason for build fail)

Ashray Malhotra ashray.malhotra.1994 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:47:12 EDT 2015

Hello,

I was trying to build VTK but it showed me some errors today. I think the
error might be related to the fact that I upgraded my XCode to version
6.3.2 last night and the error log(http://tinyurl.com/jwf4jky) suggests
that.

I tried building VTK after a warning fix, but it didn't work. I also tried
building the current master branch and also v6.2.0 but none of them was
successfully.

I am new to VTK and hence was trying to run through the tutorials(
http://tinyurl.com/m2kb3g4) to learn VTK but when I cmake the first
tutorial, it shows me that vtkRendering module isn't available. Is it
because the build process failed? Note that I have built VTK successfully
many times on my machine, so isn't the previous successful build used to
run the code in an event the new build fails?

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Thanks a lot.

--
Regards
Ashray Malhotra