[vtk-developers] vtkGeometryFilter and vtkUnstructuredGridBase

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed May 20 09:44:18 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Rostislav Khlebnikov <
rostislav.khlebnikov at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear VTK developers,
>
> I have come across an issue when using vtkGeometryFilter on an adaptor of
> my dataset which uses vtkUnstructuredGridBase. Apparently, the
> vtkGeometryFilter has not been adapted to use the vtkUnstructuredGridBase
> interface and simply uses a static_cast<vtkUnstructuredGrid *> in its
> UnstructuredGridExecute() method. Was this class overlooked during the
> transition to vtkUnstructuredGridBase? For now I can probably use the
> vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter filter as a workaround, but I assume that this is a
> bug and it should probably be fixed at some point

At this point, there are a lot of filters that won't work with the
vtkUnstructuredGridBase and vtkMappedDataArray interfaces. These are newer,
experimental features that are currently only used in a handful of
applications. If you end up needing to adapt any filters, etc to use them,
consider sharing the modifications on gitlab so we can improve support.

More info: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/InSituDataStructures

Dave