[vtk-developers] vtkGeometryFilter and vtkUnstructuredGridBase

Rostislav Khlebnikov rostislav.khlebnikov at kcl.ac.uk
Mon May 18 10:27:26 EDT 2015

Dear VTK developers,

I have come across an issue when using vtkGeometryFilter on an adaptor
of my dataset which uses vtkUnstructuredGridBase. Apparently, the
vtkGeometryFilter has not been adapted to use the
vtkUnstructuredGridBase interface and simply uses a
static_cast<vtkUnstructuredGrid *> in its UnstructuredGridExecute()
method. Was this class overlooked during the transition to
vtkUnstructuredGridBase? For now I can probably use the
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter filter as a workaround, but I assume that this
is a bug and it should probably be fixed at some point.

Thank you,
    Rostislav.