[vtk-developers] "vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestEmptyInput" fails due to use-after-free in vtkDataEncoder

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 11:19:28 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:06:15 -0400, Sean McBride wrote:
> Seems you found it, but for completeness, here's how I enable them on my dashboards:
>
> <https://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=3750583>
>
> (scroll down to "dashboard_hook_test".)
>
> I suggest also turning on MallocErrorAbort, which will cause certain
> memory errors to abort instead of just log.  See 'man malloc' (on OS
> X).

Ah, much more there (I only had Scribble, PreScribble, and GuardEdges)
:) . I've added them all to the trey build which should show up under
"experimental". One difference is that it will be during the entire
build as well. Hopefully the toolchain is safe, but catching errors in
the wrapping tools would be nice as well.

Thanks,

--Ben