[vtk-developers] "vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestEmptyInput" fails due to use-after-free in vtkDataEncoder

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Mar 31 11:06:15 EDT 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:34:52 -0400, Ben Boeckel said:

>> The OS X one has similarly low overhead, and as such has been enabled
>> on all my dashboards for ages.
>
>How is it enabled? Environment? Or is it special tooling?

Seems you found it, but for completeness, here's how I enable them on my dashboards:

<https://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=3750583>

(scroll down to "dashboard_hook_test".)

I suggest also turning on MallocErrorAbort, which will cause certain memory errors to abort instead of just log.  See 'man malloc' (on OS X).

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com