[vtk-developers] Tcl wrapping and output array arguments

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Mar 27 10:49:31 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, neither the Tcl wrappers or the the Java wrappers can wrap
> vtkBoundingBox as an "object".  But they could convert it into an
> array of six floats.  For example, if a method takes an argument
> of type "vtkBoundingBox" in C++, it could be wrapped as a Tcl
> method that takes six floats.  If a method returns a vtkBoundingBox
> in C++, it could be wrapped as a Tcl method that returns six floats.

That'd be ok from a usability standpoint. Effort-wise, would this be a lot
of work?

I'm not introducing any API that takes vtkBoundingBox as input, so we'd
just have to wrap the case where they're returned, if that makes it easier.

As an aside, would it be difficult to have these handled as objects? If we
could handle vtkBoundingBox, we could probably start using the wonderful
vtkVector implementations, too.

Dave