[vtk-developers] Adding support for a macro in wrapper

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:38:06 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:56 PM, David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:47 PM, David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The old GetBounds() method might be hidden in the wrapped classes due to
>>> "using" being ignored.
>>>

>> I'll be sure to test this before I merge -- thanks for the heads up.
>>

> Just FYI, the wrappers seem to handle the 'using Superclass::method;'
> statement as expected :D

I built your topic (with VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE:BOOL=OFF) and tested GetBounds()
from the python wrappers to see if the 'using' statement was applied:

from vtk import *
v = vtkVolume()
v.GetBounds()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: GetBounds() takes exactly 2 arguments (0 given)

Conclusion: the wrappers do not handle the 'using' statement.  This is
something that
I might be able to add later this week  (it's been on my mind for a few
years, I always
knew that it would eventually have to be done).

 - David