[vtk-developers] Keeping in fork in sync

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 19 08:47:15 EDT 2015

On 03/18/2015 10:33 PM, David Gobbi wrote:
> So the issue is that your "origin" is set to your fork, rather
> than to the main repository.   Unless origin is the main repo,
> the recipes we're posing will not work.

Running the Utilities/SetupForDevelopment.sh script as was described
in the initial transition instructions should have prompted you to
change origin to the main repo on gitlab.kitware.com, not your fork.

Some documentation in the wild (for Github IIRC) suggests cloning
from your fork and adding the upstream repository as a remote
called "upstream".  Our documented workflow does *not* do this.
We prefer to keep "origin" meaning the same thing for everyone.

-Brad