[vtk-developers] Cherry picking

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Mar 17 15:05:10 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:47:14 -0700, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> How do I cherry pick a topic from another users fork?
>
> With gerrit, I did almost all of my reviews using cherry-pick. This
> was very efficient and rarely required recompiling lots of files.

For the pull-request-style workflow, I usually add other developers'
forks as a remote and then fetch it:

    $ git remote add gl/$username https://gitlab.kitware.com/$username/$project.git
    $ git fetch gl/$username
    $ git log -p master..gl/$username/$branch       # view changes
    $ git cherry-pick master..gl/$username/$branch  # apply changes

--Ben