[vtk-developers] Class design for spline visualizations

Lin M majcjc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:08:27 EDT 2015

Hi Dr. Thompson,

I have a question about the knot vector and the knot insertion.
Currently the method for knot insertion is based on the algorithm from the
NURBS book where it always assumes that the first value and last value in
the knot vector repeat p+1 times. This makes the endpoints of the curve
always coincide with the first and last control points. As you mentioned
before, the knot vector may not always be like this and in such cases the
algorithm will fail. Is there any method to deal with this?

Best,
Lin