[vtk-developers] Class design for spline visualizations

Lin M majcjc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:05:37 EDT 2015

Hi Dr. Thompson,

I think one of my problem now is that I'm not sure how patches connecting
with each other. Originally I thought patches in a shape are irrelevant
with each other. For example in the ellipse, we need 4 patches for each
quadrant and I generate four patches independently only that they share
same end points, but from your previous email I think for NURBs it's not
exactly true.

Another is that if a NURBs shape is given by a vtkStructuredGrid and a know
vector, how to infer the number of patches, degree of interpolant and
number of control points.

Best,
Lin