[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Long-term support for previous VTK release

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Jun 11 11:05:09 EDT 2015

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I think that we would allow for more than
os/compiler fixes if we will maintain VTK 6 for several years. We would
allow for general bug fixes also. My hope would be that those in the
community that need VTK 6 would help out significantly. It sounds like
David is volunteering to help maintain such a version. I am sure that there
would be others also. The main challenge I can think of is how we will keep
track of what was merged into VTK 6. Maybe we need to ++ our processes to
integrate the issue tracker more tightly, the way ParaView does. This would
enable us to keep track of things better... I'd like to hear some feedback
and suggestions on this.

-berk