[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Crash on vtkImageData with QNan

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jul 10 11:12:34 EDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 07:03:48 -0600, David Gobbi said:

>It is possible that the NAN is being cast to an int, which is then used as
>an index somewhere.  It should be possible to catch this with a memory
>checker like valgrind or purify.  If you can identify the class that is at
>fault, then I'll gladly do a fix.

Casting NAN to int is undefined behaviour that is caught by 'undefined behaviour sanitizer' (aka UBSan) available in both clang and gcc.  Some of my dashboards have (a subset of) UBSan enabled and there are indeed VTK tests that make these kinds of illegal conversions, though I think I've disabled some of those particular flags. :(

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com