[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget2 status

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jul 6 16:10:30 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 14:16:17 -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> All of this points to QVTKWidget2 having worked at one point, but it got
> broken somewhere along the line. Does anyone know of a good hash or tag
> to start bisecting from (I'm starting to jump back releases until my
> test programs stop compiling)?

Status update. 6.1 works and I started bisecting there. One problem
(crashes on master) is avoided by commenting out:

    this->SetMultiSamples(this->mRenWin->GetGlobalMaximumNumberOfMultiSamples());

in QVTKWidget2::SetRenderWindow. It was introduced here:

    commit 87b5c8c813a9b77e70040bd4da2da3a443c07d14
    Author: Christoph Kolb <c.kolb at dkfz-heidelberg.de>
    Date:   Wed Jan 14 15:37:20 2015 +0100

        Add a method to enable multisampling in the QVTKWidget2

        GetGlobalMaximumNumberOfMultiSamples is used as the default value
        in order to restore the default behavior of QVTKWidget

I'm bisecting with this line commented out to find out why the view is
blank.

--Ben