[vtk-developers] Attributing VTK in a commercial app

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 15:54:31 EST 2015

What do you mean by "Basically the BSD license says you have to have
VTK's license" ??

Do you mean I need to include the text of VTK's "Copyright.txt" file?

It's a closed-source app, and it will be sold under a commercial
license. It is not going to have an open-source license.

We are not going to use anybody's name to sell it, but we would like
to give kudos where kudos are due. i.e. -- we'd like to say "Made with
VTK!," ... we do not want to say "endorsed by Bill Lorensen..."
(although we may seek his endorsement separately from this
conversation....) :-)

Thx,