[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code organization application 2015

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 10:53:36 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> Greetings developers,
>
> We are putting together another proposal for VTK to be a Google Summer Of
> Code organization. If VTK is accepted, Google will fund summer interns to
> work with on VTK related topics, with help from some of us as volunteer
> mentors.
>
> We have until next Friday February 20th to come up with a list of mentors
> and proposed topic ideas. As a mentor there is a significant time
> commitment, but it can also be very rewarding and it is a great way to get
> students involved in open source over the summer.
>
> If you are willing to mentor and have ideas for topics, please fill in a
> section or two of
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSOC_2014.

I think the correct link is http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2015, note
that they will work remotely and all interaction is using the
available tools for online communication.

I think our previous two years went really well, and am looking
forward to seeing what students we get this year.

Marcus