[vtk-developers] Some OpenGL2 Polygonal Updates etc

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Feb 3 10:56:43 EST 2015

I want to quickly expand on the performance section to show what kind of
performance you should expect with different kinds of graphics cards.

On Mobile graphics cards with 1GB of memory you should expect at least 30-60fps
up to 15 million triangles when rendering at 1080p.  Above 15 million we start
to see less that 30fps and by 30 million we reach 15fps. Above 30 million
we approach the memory limits of the graphics card.

On current generation midrange workstation graphics cards you should expect at
least 60fps up to 20 million triangles when rendering at 1080p. Above 30
million we start to see ~30fps, by 50 million we reach 15fps, and at 100
million we get 10fps.

On current generation highend workstation graphics cards you should expect at
least 60fps up to 50 million triangles when rendering at 1080p. Above 75
million we start to see ~30fps, by 200 million we reach 15fps, and at 300
million we get 10fps.