[vtk-developers] independent components support

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Feb 2 17:39:09 EST 2015

Folks,

We will write a blog soon, but in the last few weeks, we have made several
major improvements to the volume rendering code. Please see the list below
(Note: We are still working on resolving some issues on bit older Intel
graphics chipset).

* Improved vtkTextureObject and now using it for the volume rendering
(sharing code)

* Added support for independent components

* Fixed various mac issues

* Improved interactive performance for large volumes

* Fixed extents not getting updated issues in presence of other filters

* Fixed window color adjustments issues.

* Fixed issue with noise textures

* Using the shader cache for volume rendering

* Added volume rendering benchmarking tests

* Added new volume tests. Now testing various features where were not
tested before (52 volume tests now)

* Fixed resources not releasing issues

* 99 % tests are passing on Mac/Linux and Windows.

Thanks,

Aashish