[vtk-developers] Adding vtkWidgets to android project

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:55:14 EST 2015

Hello

I am currently trying to add a clipping plane to my dataset on vtk for
android.
No problem on the code so far but I have issues building the .apk as my
program will not compile.
In order to be able to use the clipping plane as I intend to I have the
following includes:

/#include <vtkTransformPolyDataFilter.h>
#include <vtkClipPolyData.h>
#include <vtkSampleFunction.h>
#include <vtkPlane.h>
#include <vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2.h>
#include <vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation.h>/

Yet when I try to compile (thanks to a Cmake generated Makefile) I get:
/error: vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2.h: No such file or directory
 #include <vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2.h>/

So I thought that I should try and add the vtkInteractionWidgets component
to my find_package() in my CMakeLists.txt to obtain this:
find_package(VTK COMPONENTS
  vtkInteractionStyle
  vtkRenderingOpenGL2
  vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2
  vtkRenderingFreeType
)

Yet when I do so, I get:
/Requested modules not available:
vtkInteractionWidgets/

So I checked my modules list in my vtkbin/lib/cmake/vtk-7.1/Modules and I
can clearly see: /vtkInteractionWidgets.cmake/

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :).

A SO post in case you think readability is better there and want to get the
reputation for answering :):
It is available  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34294997/finding-a-given-vtk-module-with-cmake>