[vtk-developers] GSOC Parallel Partitioning Project

Abhishek Kumar abhishek.iitd16 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:56:17 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am Abhishek Kumar, 4th year computer science student from IIT Delhi. I am
from New Delhi, India (GMT +5:30), but I am very much comfortable with
working or replying at odd timings. I am new to Open Source and I wish to
maintain a long term relationship with VTK. As I chose this project over a
relatively easy project.

My project has three main parts. First is to re-write a currently existing
data-distribution filter using newer library for efficient implementation.
Second part involves identification of ghost cells, writing unit tests and
exploring possible algorithms and the last part of project is to write
multithreaded code to utilize all cores on node for partitioning. My
academic interest is also high performance computing.

You'll be able to see me in action only after 10th May, as I am currently
having my end semester exams. Feel free to provide any suggestion or
feedback on my project or my mailing list etiquette. As I told you I am new
to this. I look forward to give my best during this summer working with you
all.

--
Cheers

Abhishek Kumar