[vtk-developers] Need help with a crash on Kamino OSX Release mode.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:23:06 EDT 2015

Hi Andrew,

The stack trace provides strong evidence that TestSetGet.py is not
excluding vtkView on those dashboards, as ludicrous as that sounds.

    c++filt -n _ZL27PyvtkView_SetRepresentationP7_objectS0_
    PyvtkView_SetRepresentation(_object*, _object*)

This method is only defined in vtkViewPython.cxx, and only dir(vtk.vtkView)
will return this method.  Calling dir() on the vtkView subclasses will not
return this method.  Hence, the only reason that TestSetGet.py would be
calling this method is if it was testing vtkView.

Perhaps someone added either a typedef or a macro that causes an additional
reference to vtkView to appear in the vtk module under a different name.

 - David