[vtk-developers] Need help with a crash on Kamino OSX Release mode.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:42:57 EDT 2015

Hi All,
   I need some help here.

I have converted TestSetGet.tcl to Python but I get a crash on the
dashboard for kamino building osx in release mode, here:
https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3789971
and here:
https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3789950

In an earlier attempt, linux release on megas was also crashing in release
mode:
https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=331289192&build=3789418
Based on this I excluded vtkScatterPlotMatrix which fixed it on megas but
not on Kamino.
So I excluded vtkChartMatrix and I still have the same errors on Kamino.
But there are no clues as to where the crash is happening. However in
looking at:
https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=331378847&build=3789950
I think it is in vtkView - which is already excluded.
This could be the problem:
void SetRepresentation (vtkDataRepresentation *rep)
vtkDataRepresentation * GetRepresentation (int index=0)

Can anyone help?

I guess I can try excluding all the *View classes as documented in:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkView.html
Is there a less brute-force approach?

The code is here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/151

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean