[vtk-developers] Class design for spline visualizations

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Apr 17 22:53:50 EDT 2015

Hi Lin,

Thanks for pushing the branch to gitlab.

> Do I need to make a merge requests for that? There are still many things to be improved in the code.

You can submit merge requests -- but not to vtk/vtk. I have created a new group named splines and added you as a developer. Please fork this repository:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/splines/vtk

You will have to tell gitlab to delete your existing fork of VTK (only on the web, not the files on your computer!) and fork that repository instead in order to submit merge requests. To remove your current fork of VTK, visit:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/Lin.Ma/vtk/edit

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red "Remove project" button. Then you can fork splines/vtk by visiting

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/splines/vtk

and clicking its "Fork" button at the top right of the page. You will see that splines/vtk already contains your filters-bezier branch and that I have made some changes (so that it meets the VTK style guidelines).

Please review the changes and make sure you understand what I've done. If you are unsure what I did or why I did it, please ask.

Once you have reviewed the changes, please make a small change and submit a merge request from Lin.Ma/vtk filters-bezier to vtk/splines filters-bezier to test that merge requests work.

	Thanks,
	David