[vtk-developers] Approving a gitlab topic

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Apr 15 16:14:53 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 15:48:43 -0400, Robert Maynard wrote:
> I was discussing this with other developers a few days ago and
> mentioned that the Acked-by/etc are hard to remember and proposed that
> we allow +1 to mean approved by a developer, and +2 to mean approved
> and tested.

Patch is in an MR for kwrobot actually; needs a bit of testing and docs.
+1 is equivalent to Acked-by, +2 Reviewed-by, and +3 Tested-by.

Also, "Acked-by" is from projects like the kernel and git which also use
Acked-by, Reviewed-by, and Tested-by.

from git's Documentation/SubmittingPatches:
=======
If you like, you can put extra tags at the end:

1. "Reported-by:" is used to credit someone who found the bug that
   the patch attempts to fix.
2. "Acked-by:" says that the person who is more familiar with the area
   the patch attempts to modify liked the patch.
3. "Reviewed-by:", unlike the other tags, can only be offered by the
   reviewer and means that she is completely satisfied that the patch
   is ready for application.  It is usually offered only after a
   detailed review.
4. "Tested-by:" is used to indicate that the person applied the patch
   and found it to have the desired effect.
=======

--Ben