[vtk-developers] Gitlab and interdiffs

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Apr 6 14:02:24 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 11:47:05 -0600, David Gobbi wrote:
> A straight diff will be an improvement (and it's too bad that gitlab's
> compare tool
> doesn't provide it as an option).  But that still won't give nice results
> if the branch
> is rebased.

True, but this is also good for "what changed" reasons anyways, so I
think having at least the `a b` link is good even if there's a better
one availble. Is there a generic diff we could use to handle all the
cases? Or would "the shorter of `a...b` and `a b`" be a good heuristic?
I think ReviewBoard does it by diffing:

    base...a
    base...b

and generating a diff view from that.