[vtk-developers] Tcl wrapping and output array arguments

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Apr 1 11:46:07 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:35 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought of a simpler solution for the vtkBoundingBox issue.  The
> discussion we've had so far has focused on getting vtkWrapTcl to deal with
> the vtkBoundingBox type.  But that can be avoided if we instead just focus
> on the ComputeBoundingBox method.  Here's how it would work:
>
> In vtkWrapTcl, it's pretty easy to see how the AddObserver method was
> added for vtkObject.  Just search for "AddObserver" and it comes up in
> exactly two places.  Likewise, the code for ComputeBoundingBox could be
> added for vtkAbstractMapper3D.  Adding it to this base class will
> automatically make it available in all the wrapped subclasses.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it was actually fairly easy to just add
support for any method returning vtkBoundingBox:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/dlonie/vtk/commit/bdd4c1e1a3f357338334b6cb83fb3c5076e8c001?force_show_diff=true#diff-200

The wrapping code turned out to be much easier to work with than I thought
it would!

Dave