[vtk-developers] Tcl wrapping and output array arguments

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:35:06 EDT 2015

I thought of a simpler solution for the vtkBoundingBox issue.  The
discussion we've had so far has focused on getting vtkWrapTcl to deal with
the vtkBoundingBox type.  But that can be avoided if we instead just focus
on the ComputeBoundingBox method.  Here's how it would work:

In vtkWrapTcl, it's pretty easy to see how the AddObserver method was added
for vtkObject.  Just search for "AddObserver" and it comes up in exactly
two places.  Likewise, the code for ComputeBoundingBox could be added for
vtkAbstractMapper3D.  Adding it to this base class will automatically make
it available in all the wrapped subclasses.

 - David