[vtk-developers] Bug in scalar color mapping?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:15:57 EDT 2014

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanks for the reply.  If I use this:

  mapper->InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOff();

then the result is exactly the same as it was before I reverted that commit.

If I use this:

  mapper->InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOn();

then the result looks like the attached image, i.e. like it did in my previous
email with property->SetAmbient(0.49), property->SetDiffuse(0.51), but when
I reverse these I don't get the greyscale ambient lighting like in the
right side
of the image from my previous email.

Still, I don't get what I expect unless I set one of either the ambient or the
diffuse coefficient to zero.  Whenever they are both nonzero, I get the wrong
result.

 - David