[vtk-developers] Bug in scalar color mapping?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Sep 8 19:17:12 EDT 2014

This sounds familiar.

Can you try reverting the following commit and see if that makes any difference:

commit daf8c6e76ec7bb02f56dda17ce260141b7e960a5
Author: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
Date:   Fri Jul 18 15:30:37 2014 -0400

    BUG #14828: Keep surface color from interacting with scalar color.

    When using scalar coloring, if vtkScalarsToColorsPainter decided to use
    a texture for mapping the scalars to colors, we ended up with the
    surface color bleeding through the texture. This commit ensures that
    such bleeding is avoided.

    We don't simply use glTexEnvf (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,
    GL_REPLACE), since that results in the diffuse highlights being lost.
    By enabling GL_COLOR_MATERIAL and calling glColor3f(1,1,1), we follow
    the same lighting/coloring path as we would when not using the texture
    for scalar coloring.

    Change-Id: I9c4db15dd0db699d5d045fa7ae27696d18828988

Utkarsh