[vtk-developers] Driving away your existing developers

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 10:56:28 EDT 2014

I've been following this thread for a while and would like to add that
I too found the gerritt workflow discouraging enough that I (and fellow
work colleagues) have decided
to maintain a privately forked VTK repo rather than contributing back to
the community.  I would echo
most of the sentiments already expressed by D. DeMarle, D. Gobbi, and J.B.
Although I do miss
the old CVS workflow days, and I have come to embrace github, I'll be
holding back on contributing
to VTK until the commit process is simplified, more responsive, and
expedient.

best to all of you,
Dean