[vtk-developers] "dot fe" writer class for writing meshes to Surface Evolver format?

kevnull at phutureshock.com kevnull at phutureshock.com
Sat Sep 27 18:14:59 EDT 2014

I am about to write a small class to write dot fe files that the "Surface
Evolver" software takes as input. If anyone on the list has already done
so would you mind sharing your code. If not, if anyone is interested,
please email me and I will send you the code when it is finished.

While I am emailing the list, I might as well ask a question about point
clouds that I have been struggling with lately, that is, extracting
topologically clean 2-surfaces from a CT scan that has some "thickness" to
it. I would like to use only the points on the "exterior of the surface"
to eventually run marching cubes on, is there a filter that I can use to
thin my data set to those points on the "outside surface" of the point
cloud?

Details here:

http://www.phutureshock.com/mememap/poor-quality-meshes-and-vertex-normals-from-a-point-cloud-with-densitythickness/

Thanks in advance!