[vtk-developers] Code review request: biquadratic quadinterpolation

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 24 17:17:38 EST 2014

Hi Marcus,

I looked at vtkQuadraticQuad::EvaluatePosition() (VTK5.10) . This assumes
the same points for the origins of the linear quads as vtkBiQuadraticQuad...

    subId 0 :  (    0,    0 ) - point 0,  linear quad { 0, 4, 8, 7 }
             1 :  ( 0.5,    0 )            4,                    { 8, 4, 1,
5 }  ** inconsistent **
             2 :  ( 0.5, 0.5 )            8,                    { 8, 5, 2,
6 }
             3 :  (    0, 0.5 )            7,                    { 7, 8, 6,
3 }

It looks like a bug in vtkQuadraticQuad which has been copied into
vtkBiQuadraticQuad.

John.