[vtk-developers] Code review request: biquadratic quadinterpolation

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 23 18:21:40 EST 2014

Hi Marcus,

I tested this change using 5.10 and it did not affect colour mapping,
cutting or clipping. Unfortunately, I don't do any probing so I cannot check
this.

There would appear to be a dependency on the starting point for the linear
quads with the 'adjust parametric coordinates' section in
EvaluatePosition(). Here, the parametric coordinates from the linear quad
are converted to parametric coordinates in the quadratic quad. The origins
of each linear quad are as follows ...

  (    0,    0 ) - point 0
  ( 0.5,    0 )            4
  ( 0.5, 0.5 )            8
  (    0, 0.5 )            7

So I would say that the proposed change is consistent with these origins.

vtkQuadraticQuad uses the same linear quads as the old vtkBiQuadraticQuad so
it could be a problem here also.

HTH

John.