[vtk-developers] DeepCopy of vtkCellTypes seems not work

Ronald Römer rroemer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 05:17:55 EST 2014

Hello,

I am working on a bugfix within vtkPolyData. Here I try the following thing:

vtkCellTypes *types;
  types = vtkCellTypes::New();
  types->DeepCopy(this->Cells);

  for (int i = 0; i < types->GetNumberOfTypes(); i++)
    {
    std::cout << i << " -> "
      << (int)types->GetCellType(i) << ", "
      << (int)this->Cells->GetCellType(i)
      << std::endl;

    }

The output is this:

0 -> 0, 1
1 -> 0, 1
2 -> 0, 1
3 -> 0, 1
4 -> 0, 0
5 -> 0, 3
6 -> 0, 3
7 -> 0, 3
8 -> 3, 3
9 -> 3, 3
10 -> 3, 3
11 -> 3, 3
12 -> 0, 0
13 -> 5, 5
14 -> 5, 5
15 -> 0, 0
16 -> 6, 6
17 -> 0, 0

It seems as if DeepCopy is not work properly. The first value should be
equivalent to the second. For the first values it is not!

Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

Ronald