[vtk-developers] Building VTK with Python Wrapping on Cent OS 5.11 64 bit fails

Deepak Surti dmsurti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 07:44:47 EST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get a VTK build working with Python Wrapping on Cent OS 5.11
64 bit.

I have not been able to build any of VTK 5.10, VTK 6.1 or VTK from
master/nightly branch. The build fails in a different target, for each
version. Say if I turn off BUILD_SHARED_STATIC_LIBS == OFF, then VTK master
build fails in target vtkproj4. I also realized that Mesa OpenGL version =
1.2, so OpenLG2 rendering support will not likely work for this build.

My specific questions are:

1. Is Cent OS 5.11 platform supported for VTK? If yes, upto which version?
2. Will OpenGL2 rendering be possible on Cent OS 5.11?

I also checked VTK CDash dashboard (
https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK), but do not see Cent OS 5.11
as a tested platform.

Any info/suggestions/questions welcome and helpful.

Thanks,
Deepak

============================

*My Env Setup To build VTK*

   -

   VMWare Fusion 6.0.5
   -

   Mac OS X 10.9 (VMWare Host)
   -

   Cent OS 6.6 64 bit (Running as Guest in VMWare), with Mesa 3d OpenGL
   drivers as here: http://mesa3d.org/vmware-guest.html

--
http://deepaksurti.com
To see a miracle, be the miracle.