[vtk-developers] [Paraview-developers] vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::EXTENT_TRANSLATOR

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Aug 27 07:46:53 EDT 2014

Berk,

OK. I see how the piece requests change, but I was using the extent translator to pass bounds information and (more importantly) a PKdTree (from Zoltan) downstream to the compositing engine to stop it from instantiating the D3 filter and performing a redundant and slow repartition when I enable transparency. My Zoltan partitioner used to add an extent translator (also containgin the KdTree) to the information in the pipeline, which the compositing code could detect and act appropriately (with some minor tweaks).

Has the compositing code been enhanced in any way to make use of partitioning information that I can piggy-back for my needs?

JB