[vtk-developers] VTK code review / testing / integration workflow

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 22:18:11 EDT 2014

I'm all for sticking with gerrit.  I'll be sad to lose the topic
review interface, but topics in vanilla gerrit really aren't that bad.
We'll still be able to push topics and we'll be able to see all the
changes that make up a topic.  I believe that what we lose is 1) the
ability to do a topic-level review and 2) the ability to browse by
topic.

The only thing that annoys me with gerrit is that when you click
"review", it hides all of the previous review comments until you're
done. Hopefully the new gerrit has fixed this.

The things I'd like to see in a code review system are:

- Tight integration with the bugtracker.

- Some kind of incentive for reviewers, even if it's just gold stars
or a "top reviewer" list.

Or we could be draconian and enforce a review/submit ratio, just like
the old BBS's enforced upload/download ratios.

 - David